[Vision2020] The Doug Stambler Experience

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed May 4 05:50:51 PDT 2005

Oh, yes.  The infamous rantings of Doug Stambler.  I remember them well,
Joan.

I kinda felt sorry for him during the few times he wasn't on-line trashing
his "target" of the day.  He was (and assume still is) not financially
wealthy by any stretch of the imagination.

Remember when he once managed to accumulate enough funds to take himself
back to the east coast (his home of origin, I imagine) by bus?  He got as
far as some podunk town in Minnesota.  He managed to get on-line and onto
Vision 2020 and provided the V2020 subscribers with an update of his
incomplete travels back east.  He explained that his funds had run out and
that if he could manage to collect a few more dollars, he would be able to
complete his voyage home.  Some very kind soul wrote down Stambler's mailing
address and mailed him the funds that should have taken him to the
completion of his journey east.  Wrong.  A few days later, who do you think
showed up in Moscow, Idaho one more time.  That's right, Mr. Doug Stambler.

The trip back east apparently did not work out for Mr. Stambler.  Several
months later he headed out to California.  He managed to post a few times
from the bay area, but that's been quite some time now.

Has anybody heard from Mr. Stambler?

Just curious.

PS to Joan -  I feel you are right about the two Vision 2020
Stambler-wannabes.  The names may be different, but the smell is
unmistakably similar.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"

  _____