[Vision2020] Subject Change

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Tue May 3 20:12:47 PDT 2005

I guess now is the time for me to attempt again to change the topic of discussion on
this wonderful message board.

What do the people of Moscow think about the ongoing struggle between the City of
Moscow, Mayor Marshal Comstock, and the Police Departments attempt to unionize?

Me being a long time supporter of unions, hey I like the idea.  But at the same time
is it in the best interest of the community of Moscow to unionize the Police Officers
at this time?  In the long run, it will probably benefit our town as a whole, but what
about right now?  What can be done in the meantime to prevent any drastic measures on
either side of the issue?  This whole ordeal reminds me of the City of Boise and their
struggle with the Fire Fighters a few years back.

Any thoughts on this that are not related to the school levy?