[Vision2020] FACT OR FICTION

cjs cjs at turbonet.com
Mon May 2 13:59:26 PDT 2005

TOM AND OTHERS - TELL THE TRUTH! THE AWARD IS NOT THE MAX DALTON AWARD. FPC DID NOT MEET THE CRITERIA THEREFORE A NEW AWARD WAS ESTABLISHED CALLED THE PEOPLE'S FIRST AWARD WHICH IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE MAX DALTON AWARD. MORE SMOKE AND MIRRORS?????

The Max Dalton Open Government Award selection committee of the Idaho Newspaper Foundation decided that the
Moscow School District FacilitiesPlanning Committee did not meet the criteria for the Max Dalton Award, which is for an individual or group that take an activist role in open meetings and public records.

However, the panel was so impressed with the Moscow group's efforts to go beyond the minimum public notice requirements
that we established a new award, called The People First! to site government agencies or individual public employees who show exemplary attention toward the ethic of open government.

This award will be given "as deserved" throughout the year, while the Max Dalton Award is given annual.

Tom Grote, Editor and Publisher
The Star-News
Executive Director,
Idaho Newspaper Foundation