[Vision2020] School Levy (was Adolescent Humor)

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Thu Mar 31 12:31:29 PST 2005

Joan says:
 ". . . Brother Carl and I will be addressing Dale's nonsense regarding
the upcoming school levy "

What part is nonsensical?  The disclosure of the full amount (with
interest paid)?  You get the same thing when you buy a house or finance
a car.

Also, I thought since Mr. London said he was not voting for the bond
issue (Daily News letters, either monday or tuesday . . . can't recall,
and I can't find it online) because it would encourage sprawl, the rest
of Moscow's liberal community would fall into line.

Personally, I might just be voting for it (I'm leaning that way,
anyhow).  But then again, maybe not.   I think it is going to have a
tough go, dollars being a big part of it.  Also, with the city
contemplating a raise in water rates (read:  it's set in stone),
continuing issues with the 1912 center, and job losses at the University
of Idaho, I fear (or maybe I don't fear -- still undecided) the levy
will fail miserably.

I don't deny something needs to be done with Moscow's schools before we
end up with the debacle Troy had.  Unfortunately, the longer we go
without a big change, the more expensive its going to get.

I got answers, but I can't remember the question . . .

DC