[Vision2020] budgets and turf

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Mar 31 09:55:04 PST 2005

Thanks Ron for your breakdown On money sources. Most grant money goes to research. All most all funding  at the Ag. Biotech building comes from grants, except for salaries. We would be shut down if we had to depend on money from the legislature. What I would like to know is how much money for athletic comes from grants. Specifically, was anything donated for the turf. Any money raised for a specific purpose, whether  it be from grants, the legislature or student fees should be used for that purpose. Unless permission is given by the doner,  it is unethical to use it for something else. Any money that The University Administration allocates to different programs should be fair game to be reallocated.

I believe most coaches get paid considerably more than most faculty. Except for rodeo there isin't a winning team.  I think The Rodeo Advisor only gets his expenses paid. The Rodeo Team is second in the nation.