[Vision2020] Budget Reductions

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Mar 30 17:35:22 PST 2005

I can't speak for all the units addressed on that document.  But, I know of
at least four mid- and upper-management positions (at Facilities Management)
that have become vacant (one through retirement and three through employment
elsewhere) and discontinued.  Three of those positions are directors.  I am
certain that there are other previous reductions that Facilities realized in
the same manner.

Like I said in an earlier posting, there are currently many vacant offices
at Facilities.  Some are newly vacant.  Some have been vacant for some time.
Those employees may have moved on to employment elsewhere off campus.  The
bad news is that there will be more empty offices in June.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.