[Vision2020] Turf

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 15:35:34 PST 2005

I apologize for the blank email.
Ron writes
"Whether V2020 thinks this is sufficient reason, is irrelevant.  The
University Administration and Faculty Council both agree with a priority for
athletics"
I respectfully disagree with Ron.  Most, if not all, V2020  contributors pay
taxes in Idaho, and consequently support education in  Idaho.  I personally
don't give a hoot about self-serving administrative  decisions to bolster an
overly ambitious athletic program at UI when I know that  academic departments
suffer as a consequence.  As you know well, Ron,  budget issues negatively
impact the UI Library, an organization which is far  more important to student
success than artificial turf on playing fields.
Further, the very notion that well capitalized fund for turf  replacement
exists when academic departments and programs are being cut verges  on the
criminal negligence in my mind.
Rose Huskey

"One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan