Fw: [Vision2020] The Wilson-Jones Vision of the World

David M. Budge dave at davebudge.com
Mon Mar 28 11:58:31 PST 2005

Joan Opyr wrote:

"I've been talking to Dave Budge offline about the possibility of
founding a progressive libertarian party, one that would press for a
democratic government that guaranteed access to health care and social
security, struck a sound balance between environmental health, worker
salary, worker safety, and the need for economic growth, and, finally,
kept its big nose out of the bedroom, the family room, and the
hospital room."

Um... er... Um???  I didn't think we had come quite that far.  We're
going to have a hell of time developing a party platform if we begin on
the economic issues.  After all, I really am very libertarian.  Where we
can start (where modern political discourse fails) is to concede that
each other's motivations are good.  Which I do.  But we're going to have
to arm wrestle or play mumbly peg over entitlements.  Which I'm also
willing to do.

db