[Vision2020] Driven nuts . . . by Ted

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 27 13:17:45 PST 2005

Joan wrote:
"I maintain that 1) Nate Wilson's investigation of the Shroud was not
scientific and thus was not worthy of the credulous and lazy media coverage
it received, and 2) that scientists are, on the whole, a meticulous bunch
who approach their investigations with a mix of knowledge, training, and
sound methodology necessary for drawing valid, peer-reviewed conclusions
that are worthy of media attention.  Too bad they don't typically get the
kind of press coverage that Nate Wilson has conjured."

I agree, and I'm really quite disappointed in the media for not having a
better grasp on the fact that this isn't news at all.

OTOH, I have to say that I've learned a lot from the discussions, including
why young Wilson's experiment is a non-scientific non-discovery.  Had it not
been for the silly media coverage of this non-event, my knowledge wouldn't
have increased.

But, maybe that's just a rationalization for all the time I've spent over
the last week or two trying to get a basic understand the scientific
principles involved  ;-)

Always Looking for that Silver Lining,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID