[Vision2020] Terri Shivo

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 26 13:37:02 PST 2005

Doug Wilson says:

"In my view, now that all legal and constitutional appeals have been
exhausted ... the authorities in Florida will not in able to say, "Well, we
did everything we could do, and now we just have to let her die." They have
not yet done everything they can do. Governor Bush now has a moral
responsibility to send the National Guard to the hospital and have Terri
Schiavo's feeding tube reattached."

Did Jesus "let" Lazarus die?  No, he did not.  Lazarus' death served a
greater purpose.  Even while being chided and repeatedly asked to come to
Lazarus' "rescue" and save him from death, Jesus elected to allow the death
to occur.  It was not His time to step in.  But He felt the death just as
much as anyone else as the Bible points out in John 11:35-38 - "Jesus wept.
Then the Jews said, "See how He loved him!"  And some of them said  "Could
not this Man who opened the eyes of the blind also have kept this man from
dying?"  Then Jesus, again groaning in Himself, came to the tomb; it was a
cave and a stone lay against it."  When the time came to go to Lazurus,
Jesus did and brought Lazarus out - alive (the song "Four Days Late And
Still On Time" comes to mind.)

I am sorry for the trials this woman and her family are having to go
through.  But sometimes, a seemingly bad thing ends up happening in order
for an over-all good to happen.

At this point, if a tube were put back into her, would the damage of
"starvation" be irreversable?  Wouldn't her already damaged body reject any
supportive actions and she would become even more "a vegtable" living on
machines?  What would she be "living" for or about - just so her parents
could have their daughter?  Why not allow her to go and remember her as a
healthy, happy, active member of the family rather than someone they have to
do everything for, including breathing and eating?

I would hope no one sees me as being heartless or cruel - I'm not.  I AM
thinking of Teri and her family.  I just don't believe living on machines,
smiling occasionally, gurgling noises, etc. is living.  Not when what awaits
her in death is so much better.