[Vision2020] The Hype of the Shroud

tbertruss at aol.com tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 21:21:41 PST 2005

All:

It appears that this "mystery" is driving some scientists "nuts" despite Joan's claim to the contrary.

Anyway, Joan's assessment of the nature of modern scientific research was flat out wrong.
Much of it does focus on obscure details and theories that drive scientists "nuts," not the grand sweeping issues that Joan describes below:

"What drives scientists nuts is string theory, or quantum mechanics, or Stephen Hawking's admission that he made a mistake in his original work on black holes and the origins of the universe."

There are thousands of topics of scientific research ongoing right now that no one on the V2020 list serve has ever heard of that are driving thousands of scientists nuts at this very moment.  The extreme specialization of modern science has resulted in scientists spending years of their life trying to solve the most obscure and esoteric problems that 99.9% of the population will probably never understand.

I'd list a few now, but anyone can Google "Science Magazine" to find their own list of obscure research topics that will have their head spinning...

Ted Moffett

ginal Message-----