[Vision2020] Terri Schiavo

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:43:44 PST 2005

In following the Terri Schiavo story, I find it disheartening that good
people on both sides of the issue show such acrimony toward the "other
side".  As well as I can discern, those who feel she should be kept alive do
so out of compassion.  And, those who feel she should be allowed to die feel
that way out of an equal compassion.  I happen to be among the latter,
though I have friends and family members who are among the former.  All good
people, with the possible exception of myself.  If any public good can come
out this tragic case, perhaps more people will be persuaded to write living
wills, so it cannot happen to them.  I intend to.  I cannot imagine enduring
15 years of "life" the way Mrs. Schiavo has.

                 Carl Westberg Jr.