[Vision2020] Re: Right to Speak.......list of religiousorganizations at WSU for J. Ford

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Fri Mar 18 09:33:58 PST 2005

The Muslim Student Association, Adventist Student Fellowship, Campus Crusade
for Christ and Lutheran Campus Ministry all have UI websites.
Example: http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~msa/
Do they rent the website or is it supported by taxpayer dollars?
I worked on the campus for 6 years, I know for a fact that at least one
religious group used the Quiet Room at Wallace Complex on a regular basis.
I don't doubt the groups aren't publicly funded, but they are using taxpayer
owned facilities and webhosting.
So what do we do? Ban them all? I think that would bring up some serious
First Amendment questions.
Just because one doesn't like a groups' message doesn't give one the right
to ban them, or keep them from using public facilities.

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle
521 S. Jackson St.