[Vision2020] Mercury Visible Above Horizon Now

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 18:56:19 PST 2005

All:

Mercury is now (and I mean right NOW) visible in the western sky below and
slightly to the right of the lovely crescent moon.

http://www.earthsky.com/skywatching/tsky.php?t=20050312

Saturday, March 12, 2005
Looking West Shortly After Sunset

Printable Version  Previous Night  Next Night

You can still see the waxing crescent moon and the planet Mercury shortly
after sunset on Saturday evening. Now the moon, having moved eastward in its
orbit around Earth, is above Mercury in the evening twilight. Today, Mercury is
farthest from the sun on our sky’s dome for this evening apparition. Astronomers
call this Mercury’s “greatest elongation.”