[Vision2020] Presentation is everything

Fiat Lux fiat_lx at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 08:56:21 PST 2005

Ms. Huskey,
Thank you for your relevant and respectful response to
the question.  Your explanation helps to clarify the
issue from WSU's perspective of educational/research
institution and employer.
Regards,
Fiat Lux

Mr. Hansen,
Look, bad stuff happens.  Life is not perfect.  I've
been a victim.  It's no fun.  Lucky for me, I'm not a
dead victim.   Violent crime is horrible, but it is
not more horrible just because the victim is gay.

If I am not mistaken, there has been recent attention
on the role of methamphetamine in the Matthew Shepard
case.  In my opinion, his attacker(s) are exactly
where they belong now.   But I think focusing on the
issue of homophobia detracts from the insidious issue
of meth in the community.

I comment only from personal experience.  My
"research" takes place in the field of real life.  It
may not be as good as watching a movie, but it's all
I've got.  Go ahead and ridicule me, if it makes you
feel better.   You risk becoming what you hate.

As for the connection between parenting and kids who
go awry or feel they have to hide their true
selves....
My parents had the best intentions, but they were busy
with  their own issues and were somewhat naive.  In
high school, I was a misfit and an outcast, a
straight, white girl who was just a bit too cynical.
You may be shocked to know that two (out of 8) of my
friends were gay.  They also felt misunderstood by
their parents.  I guess we sort of formed our own
support group.  Us "freaks" as we were called by other
students, had to stick together.  Somehow we got
through.  Though, some of our choices were very bad.
I, for instance, ended up a meth addict.  Thankfully,
I managed to climb out of that hole 16 years ago and
am in a very different place now.

Rest easy, I do not require validation from you.  It
is okay if you don't accept or approve of me, my life,
my choices and opinions.  I understand you've got your
own stuff going on.  Everyone does.

I'm as awake as I can be,
Fiat Lux

P.S.
I can't help but notice, you seem to be a mean and
bitter person.  I hope you have not taught that to
your children.