[Vision2020] Bad 70s TV shows

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:24:21 PST 2005

In putting together the playlist for Sunday's worst songs of the 1970s
program that Joan and I will be doing Sunday, I couldn't help but think of
some bad TV shows of the same era.  Which led, naturally, to "The Mod
Squad", which (dis)graced the airwaves from 1968-1973.  Remember, if you're
old enough to have watched it, how Clarence Williams III, in his role as
Linc Hayes, constantly used the word "solid"?  Five years on the air, and
that word never caught on with the general public.  Of course, it was up
against "far out", and "groovy", and the venerable "cool".  I think the time
has come, in honor of Linc Hayes and "The Mod Squad" to give "solid" another
try.  Next time someone tells you, for instance, that it's going to be
almost 70 degrees today, instead of saying "wow" or "cool", try "solid"
instead.  It deserves its day in the sun.

              Carl Westberg Jr.