[Vision2020] Wal-Mart Supercenter Opposition

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:08:36 PST 2005

So Mr. Hansen, you are saying you are unable to comprehend what you have
read?

Bottom-line, the poor in this country benefit the greatest from Wal-Mart
while the rich liberal elitists attack it and pretend to be morally
supiorer, and shop there when they think nobody is looking. Sorry Mr.
Hansen, most Americans cannot afford a $9 latte every morning from
Starbucks, or a $10 ham sandwich from the Co-Op, they have to shop Wal-Mart.
For some people it is not a choice between buying a carpet for $500 at the
carpet outlet, or make due with a $100 rug at Wal-Mart. Their choice is the
$100 rug at Wal-Mart or a hard dirty floor.

As for low wages, sorry, but all Moscow businesses pay low wages. Wal-Mart
is not the  lowest wager in Moscow.  Wal-Mart is building a store in
Pullman, not Moscow, therefore, they are opting to spend more on wages by
doing so.  Wal_mart will be, by choice, paying more for workers as opposed
to that of Win-Co, Safeway, and other people in the market. It will also be
locating in a state that has higher standards for treatment of workers,
especially those with a disability.

UI, gives lower wages to students than Wal-Mart. Where should your efforts
be concentrated Mr Hansen?

Is Wal-Mart evil, corrupt, treat their workers like garbage, exploit people
in third world nations, you bet they do, but so does everyone else. Why pick
on just Wal_Mart?

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold