[Vision2020] Budget problems in Washington State

Ed Jones edjones at moscowmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:51:11 PST 2005

Divisionaries,

Below is an excerpt from today's WSU announcements.

Does anybody else have an issue with this? The state of Washington
faces a $2 billion budget deficit, and yet state funds are
available to support this stuff?

Let's say my "variability in sexual orientation" wavers between
blondes with large breasts and leggy redheads in hotpants. Am I
still welcome to "explore my gender identity"?

Just wondering.

Apologetic in advance for questioning our "priorities",

Ed Jones

Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Support Group for Faculty and Staff

TIME: Mondays 5:30 to 7 pm. Currently running and seeking new members.
PLACE: Counseling & Testing Services, 280 Lighty, Room X

What is it?
A weekly group at Counseling Services providing support and
interaction with other faculty and staff who identify as being
members of the GLBT community, or who are questioning their sexual
orientation or gender identities.

What will we do?
Meet weekly to discuss current questions, concerns, and joys. Learn
about additional resources available in the community. Explore
variability in sexual orientation and gender and how they relate to
who we are, how we see ourselves, how we present ourselves, and how
we behave.

How do I become part of the group?
If the scheduled meeting time works for you, just come to
Counseling & Testing Services prior to the meeting (between 5 and
5:30) to briefly talk with Alice or Fernando about how the group
works and what you might get out of participating. At the meeting,
Alice or Fernando will ask you about what your goals or reasons are
for wanting to attend the meetings. We will also seek to answer any
questions you may have prior to attending your first meeting.

<contact information deleted by Ed Jones. See how sensitive I am>