[Vision2020] April 6th Meeting

Bill London london at moscow.com
Mon Mar 7 17:34:36 PST 2005

LuJane and all....
here is the basics on the April 6 meeting (plus a March Chamber of Commerce
meeting as well)
BL
---
The Moscow business community now recognizes the importance and strength of
the Moscow Food Co-op.  Business leaders recognize that, with sales
approaching $4 million annually, the Co-op is the downtown anchor store and
(according to a Latah Economic Development Council survey) the number one
reason shoppers come downtown.

            That growing appreciation of the Co-op's economic impact has
resulted in Kenna's new popularity.  Co-op General Manager Kenna Eaton has
been invited to speak at two business luncheons - and both are open to the
public, if you want to better understand the role of the Co-op in Moscow's
economic life.

            On Thursday, March 24, at noon at the University Inn, Kenna will
join a panel discussing the "New Face of Agriculture on the Palouse" at the
2005 Moscow Chamber of Commerce Agribusiness Forum.  The panel will also
include the director of the Idaho State Department of Agriculture, Pat
Takasugi, MaryJane Butters of MaryJanesFarm, and Denna Heath, director of
the Moscow Farmers Market.

            The focus of this panel discussion is the growing network of
small farmers in this region, and the economic importance of this new
opportunity.  Kenna is included because the Co-op supports those farmers by
selling their products.  The Co-op is a vital part of the success of these
local growers.

            The luncheon meeting is free if you do not get the lunch (lunch
is $15).  The public is invited to attend.

            The second business forum that Kenna will attend is the meeting
of the Latah Economic Development Council on Wednesday, April 6, at noon.
This meeting is held at the UI Business Incubator at 121 Sweet Avenue (at
the intersection of Highway 95 at the south end of town).  Kenna will be
talking about the economic role of the Co-op and the impact of the move to
the larger location.

            This luncheon meeting is also free if you do not buy the lunch
(lunch is $7).

            For more information, contact the Chamber of Commerce about the
March forum at 882-1800, or the Latah Economic Development Council about the
April meeting at 885-3800.