[Vision2020] Deja Vu All Over Again

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 6 09:33:22 PST 2005

Greetings Visionaires -

One segment of this morning's "Sunday Morning" show with Charles Osgood paid
tribute to John Fogerty, who is quickly approaching 60 years of age.  I am
glad to say that not only has John Fogerty's voice remained as awesome as it
was with Creedence Clearwater Revival back in the late sixties, his attitude
and political philosophy are as strong as ever.  This is clearly reflected
in the lyrics of John Fogerty's most recent release, "Déjà vu (All Over
Again).

Deja Vu (All Over Again)
By John Fogerty

Did you hear 'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Did you try to read the writing on the wall
Did that voice inside you say I've heard it all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again

Day by day I hear the voices rising
Started with a whisper like it did before
Day by day we count the dead and dying
Ship the bodies home while the networks all keep score

Did you hear 'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Could your eyes believe the writing on the wall
Did that voice inside you say I've heard it all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again

One by one I see the old ghosts rising
Stumblin' 'cross Big Muddy
Where the light gets dim
Day after day another Momma's crying
She's lost her precious child
To a war that has no end

Did you hear 'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Did you stop to read the writing at The Wall
Did that voice inside you say
I've seen this all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again
It's like Deja Vu all over again.

And the beat goes on . . .

Take care, Moscow.

Tom "You're just jealous because the voices aren't talking to you" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
-Robin Williams