[Vision2020] Private business, public forum.

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 18:20:27 PST 2005

J. Ford posts:

"In Doug Wilson's Blog and Mablog listing for 3/3/2005, he states the
following:

'However, there are other aspects of our lives which are to be imitations of
the Father's redemptive love. For example, husbands are to love their wives
as Christ loved the church -- they are to bestow love upon their wives, and
upon no others.'

I guess this does not apply to marriages he does not approve of, especially
if you consider what has happened with Greg Dickison and his Church-FORCED
divorce from his wife who is dealing with mental illness as her only "sin".
Though it does not follow 1 Cor 7, as quoted by Mr. Wilson in previous
Blogs, maybe someone can explain how being bipolar is equal to committing
adultery?"

Ordinarily, I would not comment on a post like this.  It reveals information about Mrs. Dickison that is private in nature, deeply personal, and, I believe, inappropriate to this forum.  Unless our anonymous poster is Mrs. Dickison herself, I don’t believe that her illness is a suitable topic for public discussion.

If, however, any part of this post is true – if Greg Dickison has A) divorced his wife; B) received Pastor Wilson’s sanction/approval for this divorce; and C) attained this divorce under the conditions described, then I can only marvel at the sheer rage and gall I feel at having been lectured repeatedly on Vision 2020 and elsewhere by Mr. Wilson and Mr. Dickison regarding the sanctity of marriage, the God-damned wickedness of same-sex relationships, and the many ways in which Melynda and I have personally made a mockery of holy matrimony by laying claim both to the word marriage and to the legal consequences thereof.

How dare Greg Dickison?  How dare Doug Wilson?  Just who do these men think they are?  And what, by extension, should we conclude about a theology which would support such hypocrisy, such abuse, and such deep and shameful iniquity?

Joan Opyr/Auntie EstablishmentGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com