[Vision2020] Idaho Code

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Thu Mar 3 11:34:14 PST 2005

I would like to quote directly from The State of Idaho Alcohol Beverage Code
book the following:

code 23-303.  PROXIMITY OF SCHOOL.
"No liquor store or distribution center shall be located within three
hundred (300) feet of a school."

code 23-913. LICENSEE NOT ALLOWED NEAR CHURCHES OR SCHOOLS - EXCEPTIONS.
"No license shall be issued for any premises in any neighborhood which is
predominantly residential or within 300 feet of any public school, church,
or any other place of worship, measured in a straight line to the nearest
entrance to the licensed premises, except with the approval of the governing
body of the municipality; provided, that this limitation shall not apply to
any duly licensed premises that at the time of licensing did not come within
the restricted area but subsequent to licensing same (came) therein."

It would be nice if we could all make laws that we could exempt or include
ourselves at will. Go figure? I would sure like to make an exception that I
could drive 80 on the road to Lewiston BECAUSE I own the highway, I pay the
wages for the repairs of the highway and I pay the wages of the policeman.
Logical? No! Neither is this law.
I too believe in Bozo.

Phil Roderick