[Vision2020] I'm Waiting, Dave! Re:Chomsky Quote

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 23:19:30 PST 2005

Dave et. al.

You have not supplied a verifiable quote to support your assertion that
Chomsky "endorsed" Pol Pot.

But I have a question or two that you might consider, if you can for a moment
put aside your obvious intense dislike of Chomsky.

He is quite clearly against any State that abuses its power to engage in mass
killings, or uses the authority and power of the State to oppress its
citizens, regardless of what political/economic ideology the State happens to use to
frame its functioning.  Even if Chomsky had "endorsed" Pol Pot, he would only
have done this if he was unaware of the monstrous conduct involved in Pol
Pot's regime.  Are you actually asserting Chomsky endorses the sort of mass
senseless killing that Pol Pot carried out?  Maybe you think he is such a devout
communist, he will excuse mass killings if the killings are carried out under the
banner of communism?

If you wish to trash Chomsky, why do you not take the scholarly approach and
attack his arguments and theories, instead of just tossing out a scandalous
claim you have failed to document that he "endorsed" Pol Pot?

I am not looking for an answer to these questions.  I offer them for thought.

You are far too smart and informed to use such cheap tactics.

Ted Moffett