[Vision2020] supreme court-kelo

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Wed Jun 29 13:30:42 PDT 2005

For those interested, here's a link to the full bill text. Pasted
below is the actual language minus the statement of legislative
intent. As one will see, this bill will only effect federal actions
or those that utilize federal funds. To complete the closure of this
potential abuse of power will require each state legislature to act
as well.

Mark Solomon

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:1:./temp/~c109n8Q9xP::

SEC. 3. PROTECTION OF HOMES , SMALL  BUSINESSES , AND OTHER PRIVATE
PROPERTY RIGHTS.

  (a) In General- The power of eminent domain shall be available only
for public use.

  (b) Public Use- In this Act, the term `public use' shall not be
construed to include economic development.

  (c) Application- This Act shall apply to--

  (1) all exercises of eminent domain power by the Federal Government; and

  (2) all exercises of eminent domain power by State and local
government through the use of Federal funds.