[Vision2020] Summer Science Camps, Grades 3-8

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Jun 29 09:52:49 PDT 2005

Summer Science Sizzles!

Our summer camps have been a great success and the last two are
filling up= =20 fast! Help us spread the word about our exciting Crime
Lab and Invention camps=20 (descriptions below) coming up in July and
August. You can register over=20 the phone by calling Jennifer at
332-6869, Wednesday =96 Sunday during our= =20 regularly scheduled
hours.  Be sure to check our web-delicious internet=20 site found=20
at  <http://www.palousescience.org/>http://www.palousescience.org
for=20 additional camp information and all our sizzling summer science
programs.

Crime Lab: Mystery on the Palouse! (description below)
July 11-15 (Monday-Friday)
9:00 AM =96 12:00 PM (daily)
Children entering grades 3-6
Member Cost: $125 per camper (snack included)
Non-Member Cost: $140 per camper (snack included)

The Invention Dimension (description below)
August 1-5 (Monday-Friday)
9:00 AM =96 12:00 PM (daily)
Group I =96 Children entering grades 3-5
Group II =96 Children entering grades 6-8
Member Cost: $125 per camper (snack included)
Non-Member Cost: $140 per camper (snack included)

Crime Lab: Mystery on the Palouse!
=93Spend a week as a forensic scientist investigating an intriguing=20
crime!  Study the puzzling crime scene for evidence and other=20
clues.  Discover the power of forensics as you conduct crime-lab tests
on=20 your evidence, including thread tests, powder tests, DNA
comparison,=20 chromatography, and fingerprinting.  Then analyze your
results, and try to= =20 solve the mystery!  This thrilling, hands-on
=93whodunit=94 will keep all=
 you=20
supersleuths guessing! =93

The Invention Dimension
=93Activate your inventive and creative thinking talents during our
week=
 long=20
program. To get your creative juices flowing, we will check out some
really= =20 cool inventions and the great minds behind them.  Then
begin your=20 =93Inventor=92s Journal=94 by brainstorming problemsthat need solutions. =
 By the=20
end of the week you will have developed an original invention of your
very= =20 own!  This week of innovative, hands-on activities is sure
to produce some= =20 great inventions!

Thank you for continuing to support hands-on, minds-on science on the=
 Palouse.

Mark Goddard, Director
Palouse Discovery Science Center
2371 NE Hopkins Ct., Pullman, WA  99163