[Vision2020] When did Dale Courtney turn into Aunt Pittypat?

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 28 15:04:08 PDT 2005

"D-
try to restrain yourself.
no gasping needed, especially since this note from Christ Church is NOT a prayer request, but a veiled request that church members attend a city hearing to influence a council decision (a political request, not a religious one).
Did you find it interesting that an email sent to the Church membership would be sent by Auntie Establishment to Vision 2020 just a few hours later?
BL"

I forwarded the Christ Church email because I was asked to by a close and trusted friend, and because it seemed to me that the email was clearly a political request, not a call to prayer.  The Moscow City Council was holding a hearing, not a high mass -- though Christ Church Attorney Greg Dickison did attempt to blur this distinction with his dithering and ill-prepared complaints about motive.

Now, that said, Bill has given me a golden opportunity to point out, once again, that I have many friends of many religious and political persuasions -- Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist, Hindu, Jain and Jew.  I've even made friends with a Republican or two.  I know and like many members of Christ Church, both past and present.  My home and my heart are always open to them.

It is no secret that I believe Doug Wilson is a menace, not only to the citizens of Moscow in general but to the members of his own congregation.  He has been heartless, thoughtless, and cruel to so many that I have lost count.  Within Christ Church, disagreeing with Doug on any matter, great or small, entails genuine risk.  People have lost their friends, their livelihoods, and some, sadly, their faith.  Dale will, of course, challenge me to name names.  Dale already knows the names -- he'd just like me to out a few Christ Church apostates so they can be targeted for further punishment.  Alas for Dale, I won't be baited; in this, as in so many things, Dale is shit out of luck.  (To paraphrase Storm in the movie X-Men, "What happens to a toady when it's struck by lightening?  The same thing that happens to everything else."  Your day will come, Studley.  God does not like tattle-tale tits.)

However, at Dale's request, I will issue a retraction for one thing I said on Sunday night's Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show: Dale Courtney did not himself call me a "concubine."  That particular charge was leveled by Dale's buddy and frequent http://right-mind.us contributor, Christopher Wittmer.  Dale did not, of course, object to the accusation, and I hold him fully responsible for the odious content of his blog, stolen photographs and all.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com