[Vision2020] "My Town" tonight

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 12:24:04 PDT 2005

J. K. Proctor asks:

> Does anyone know if there are any plans for a repeat showing?

Yes, there are definite plans for a repeat showing.  I'm working with Julie
Ketchum of the Kenworthy to organize not one but two repeat showings,
preferably on the same night (one at 7 pm, the other at 9 pm).  I'd like to
get a date in early July.  I'll let Vision 2020 know just as soon as we can
have things arranged.

The interest in the film was terrific, and the turn-out overwhelming.
After taking into account both donations and ticket sales (and subtracting
for theater rental, staffing, and poster and advertising costs) Brother
Carl and I were able to present KRFP with a check for $1622.65 last night.
The station manager, Leigh Robartes, tells us that this was KRFP's best
single-night fundraiser ever.  The station raised $2500 at the Renaissance
Fair, but that was over the course of two full days.  The Kenworthy event
was roughly two hours.

Are we proud?  You betcha!  And we're very grateful to Michael Hayes and
Melissa Saul for making the film and for allowing us to use the public
showing to raise funds for KRFP.  We thank the citizens of Moscow for
turning out in droves both to see the film and to support the station, and
we'll let you know about the second-chance viewing just as soon as possible.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com