[Vision2020] Disturbing Testimony on Iraq War

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Sun Jun 26 22:18:11 PDT 2005

Well that's one persons experience within the framework of their group of friends. I know of others who are very joyful that we are there and the work we are doing. In talking with those fighting they feel like they are fighting a war on two fronts. And as long as some of the 'leadership' of the Senate and House keep making their ridiculous demands the insurgents will keep fighting. They truly believe (and with good reason) that just one more death and we will go home and leave Iraq to them. The demands for a withdrawel date encourage the insurgents to just keep up the pressure. If we formed a united front we'd be out of there much sooner. I am also told of those in Iran who are so delighted with our presence in the area as they seek more freedom.
This is complicated and has many sides not just one.