[Vision2020] Who is "The Greatest American" ?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 04:45:17 PDT 2005

I do not know how many other Discovery Channel fans
there are on Vision2020, but they have been running a
program where people call in and vote for their
favorite American of all time. Granted the voting
system is biased, but I wanted to gage what people
think on here of the final five contestants and which
one you like best:

Benjamin Franklin
Ronald Reagan
Abraham Lincoln
George Washington
Martin Luther King Jr.

While I think MLK and Abe did the single best things,
I voted for Ben Franklin because he did so many
things. He invented the public fire department and
lightening rod, public hospitals, public libraries,
and established the first public university. He also
discovered electricity, helped with the Constitution,
and convinced France to help the US which won the
Revolutionary War. And invented the Farmers Almanac
with helped many farmers and families be
self-sufficient which made this nation they greatest
in the world. And he did this all starting off as a
poor boy with just 5 years of formal education.

Who do you think did the most for this nation out of
the five?

Donovan J Arnold