[Vision2020] Time for Community Dialogue on Church

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jun 23 16:29:48 PDT 2005

Amen.  Better to repent than to relocate; I'm praying for changed hearts,
not changed addresses.

Thanks, Rose.

keely

From: "Tom Hansen" <thansen at moscow.com>
To: <vision2020 at moscow.com>
Subject: [Vision2020] Time for Community Dialogue on Church
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:51:31 -0700

 >From today's (June 23, 2005) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with a very, very
special thanks and "thumbs up" to Rose "Moscow Rose" Huskey.

Time for community dialogue on church

Doug Wilson frequently claims that an unspecified group of people want him
and, by extension, his church members, to leave Moscow (Opinion, June
18-19). I know many of the people who have publicly opposed Wilson's defense
of southern slavery, his desire to replace current laws with a return to the
Old Testament edicts, and his desire to\~strip the vote from women in
exchange for a single\~vote from the male, property-owning, "Head of
Household."
I have never heard any of those folks philosophically\~opposed to such
absurd notions suggest that Doug Wilson and Christ Church members should be
forced to leave Moscow. On a personal level, I don't ask that Wilson and
Christ Church members skedaddle. I ask that they obey city, state and
federal regulations. That is not an unreasonable or bigoted request. It's
the same standard that I am expected to follow.

Don't pack your bags, Doug. Instead, help community members to understand
why New Saint Andrews College facilitates a chain of illegal boarding
houses. Please share with us your understanding of the federal tax exemption
given Canon Press. Explain to us why the Logos School (a 501(c)(3) tax
exempt entity) has a policy which specifically excludes "potential students
(who) require a separate classroom, program, and staff in order to provide
the educational services desired by the parents. E.g. Down syndrome,
deaf/mute, blind, etc." (Frankly, Doug, I'm not happy to learn that my tax
dollars are used to support a Christian school that discriminates against
mentally, physically, or emotionally challenged children.) Doug, could you
tell us if there is gender discrimination in teachers' salaries at Logos
School?

Let's have a public dialogue about the real issues dividing our community,
none of which include an agenda to exile Doug Wilson. I encourage Doug
Wilson and Christ Church members to join in.

Rose Huskey, Moscow

See y'all at the Kenworthy.

Take care, Moscow.

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of
hope."

Robert F. Kennedy
(1925-1968, American Attorney General, Senator)

  List services made available by First Step Internet,
           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com