[Vision2020] Hooray! Kai Changed His Position!....Not

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Thu Jun 23 15:37:16 PDT 2005

Excuse me Mr. Hansen,
But my mother was a middle school phys. ed./ health teacher and coach at the
time, my father was a professor of anthroplogy at the University of Arizona.
The first time my brother was busted, my mother blew out the front tire on
her BMW motorcyle flying down the freeway to our school.
Both of my parents, as educators, were, and are well aware of drug abuse
issues and did take steps to deal with the issue.
I find your simplistic, somewhat flipant reasoning that it must have been
the parenting, not the drugs, offensive and condescending.
For you to say my family did not care is absolutely ludicrous. My parents,
like all others, are far from perfect, but they did everything they could to
help him.
I think you could find hundreds, if not thousands, of other families who
have experienced nearly the same thing, Mr. Hansen. Do they all not care
about thier kids?

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle