[Vision2020] Hooray! Kai Changed His Position!....Not

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Thu Jun 23 14:07:36 PDT 2005

My position hasn't changed:
A. Some drugs work for some people and don't for others. Marijuana (THC) is
a drug, and therefore will NOT work for everyone as Ted so eagerly seems to
claim. (Sorry, "bud", you ain't the silver bullet) <bad pun, I know>
B. How is the prescription filled? The abilty to grow your own, for your own
"ills"? Well, that'll open up a whole new can of worms......every ganja
freak in the country will suddenly get "sick". Again, I point to the
potheads who show up at the pro medicinal use rallys and gleefuly light up.
C. How would  theft or illegal sales of the drug from or by the grower be
controlled? And how will consistent quality be maintained in order for the
user to be able to properly dose him/herself to recieve a consistent effect?
There is a rather large difference between , say, Kona and that stuff that
grows along the highways of Arizona. (And yes, I think we are all
intelligent enough to know that thefts and illegal sales WILL happen, it
happens with just about every controlled substance)
D. What are the long term effects on those not suffering from a life
threatening or terminal illness? Remember what the National Cancer Institute
said in 1954 about cigarettes, "If excessive smoking plays a role in the
production of lung cancer, it seems to be a minor one." They were wrong on
that one.........
We know that in addition to pot's mind altering capabilities, it is higher
in tar than cigarettes and is inhaled more deeply. It has also been shown to
lower the sperm count in men. (Which maybe isn't a bad thing, natural birth
control for potheads.) Are we just trading pain control for cancer, the pain
of which, they would want to control with the thing that caused the cancer
in the first place? Kind of twisted to me.
Too many people just jump onto a bandwagon because it seems to be a good
idea. Until manufacture, control and distribution issues have been resolved,
I will oppose widespread medicinal use.
I will ALWAYS oppose legalization.
I'll tell you why.
I have a younger brother, Anthony, or Danny, as we called him. In junior
high, he started smoking weed. It progressed through high school, escalating
into booze, coke, speed, opiates, you name it. All through it, he always
wanted his weed more than anything.
Now, 30 years later, nobody knows where he is, whether he is dead or alive,
in prison or in  a gutter. I haven't seen or spoken with my brother in 15
years, I can recall every word of our last conversation. My mother has
searched for him, to no avail. My daughter has never met her uncle, she only
knows him from stories and pictures.
I had a brother, but drugs stole him away.
You can stand there and spout about the virtues of pot all you want. I've
seen it's dark side, the pain it causes can't be controlled with a drug. The
pain of having a lost brother cuts into one's very soul and it is always
there, throbbing icily day in day out,  it never goes away.

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle
521 S. Jackson St.