[Vision2020] Art Walk Kudos

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Tue Jun 21 17:59:20 PDT 2005

Tim,
Thank you for the kudos.  This is only the second year for Artwalk, but it
has the appearances of becoming a true community event.  Deena has done a
great job of spearheading this effort and providing a vision for improving
it over time.  I hope most everyone is willing to partake in it this Summer.
(Runs through Sept. 10th.)

I do hope Moscow's citizens take this opportunity to not only view, but also
buy art.  If Moscow is to really become the "Heart of the Arts", there needs
to be more than mere display and viewing.  Art needs to become part of the
economy through purchase, and not be just the lubricant to get people
downtown to patronize other businesses.  Support of art and artists comes
in-part through monetary commitment and there is affordable art available
for everyone.  To purchase art, takes a personal connection - If you see
something you like, seriously consider a purchase.  It's not only food for
your soul, it is a recognizable commitment to all artists - even those that
make art w/o capital intent.

In a very similar manner to my profession, the value of design - or the
value of art - lies in the commitment of the population to support it.
Without purchase, there's little production.  I encourage everyone to
experience Artwalk 2005 and along the way, intend to buy one piece of art.

Mark,
MAC Board member

Mark Seman, Architect
Heather Seman, Landscape Architect
1404 East 'F' Street  Moscow, Idaho 83843
v 208-883-3276 / f 208-883-0112