[Vision2020] Volunteers Needed

Bill London london at moscow.com
Tue Jun 21 17:25:34 PDT 2005

Host families needed.

I'd like to pass on a personal invitation to you all to seriously consider opening your homes to these young ballplayers.  It is quite possible that we will not have another opportunity to host a tournament of this caliber in Moscow again for a very long time.  Please feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who you think might be interested.  As a thank you to all who assist in this way, we will be offering a family tournament entry pass free of charge.  I have listed some contact information at the bottom of this invitation for your convenience.  You can add my name to that list, too.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks.

  Mark Miller

  Assistant Director

  Idaho Commons and Student Union

  Facilities and Operations

  (208)885-6958

  millerml at sub.uidaho.edu

  HOST FAMILIES AND VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

  Moscow has been named as the host city for the 2005 Pacific Northwest 16 year old Regional Babe Ruth Baseball Tournament.

  All of the teams, except for Moscow players, will be staying with host families.  This is a fun opportunity as a community to open up our homes and extend our hospitality to the players who are hoping to make it to the Babe Ruth World Series.

  Teams will arrive on July 19th, with play beginning on July 20th.  Semi-final and Championship games are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 23 at 10:00am, 1:00pm and 6:00pm.  All games will be at Bear Field.  8 to 10 teams will qualify for this tournament after they win their respective state or provincial tournaments.  Potentially, the areas that could be represented at this tournament are:

  Ø      Southern Oregon

  Ø      Northern Oregon

  Ø      Southern Washington

  Ø      Northern Washington

  Ø      British Columbia

  Ø      Alberta

  Ø      Idaho

  Ø      Montana

  Ø      Wyoming

  Ø      Moscow (as the host team)

  If you would like to be a host family or volunteer for other needed services, please contact:

  Alan Odenborg

  Tournament Director

  882-7740

  odenborg at adelphia.com