[Vision2020] Medicinal Cannabis

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Mon Jun 20 11:53:03 PDT 2005

Ted,
Notice that the piece you quoted said "might be relieved".
Anyone with a smidge of common sense knows that not not all drugs help all
people. Just look at heart medication, for instance. How many types are
there? And how many people do you know that have switched from one to
another by a doctor to find which one works best for that particular person?
In my own case, my knees are shot. Aspirin doesn't work, nor does ibuprofen
nor some prescription meds. Codiene helps, but it makes me loopy and sleepy
so I can't drive or work. Naproxen, which was approved for OTC sales a few
years ago, works wonders for me.
If you are saying that pot is the "silver bullet" for all conditions , then
you've been to a few too many hookah parties.
Why is it whenever someone says "Whoa, wait a minute, lets look a little
closer.", they are accused of being close minded, ill informed buffoons?
Ther are too many unanswered questions. Why are so many of the "pro" people
potheads themselves? Who will control the manufacture and distribution? And
how will theft from growers be controlled? Who will be allowed to grow it?
How will it be tracked?
The questions go on and on. Sorry, this isn't a simple "Let's legalize it
and worry about consequences later." subject.

"Until a nonsmoked rapid-onset cannabinoid drug delivery system becomes
available, we acknowledge that there is no clear alternative for people
suffering
from chronic conditions >>that might be relieved<< by smoking marijuana,
such as
pain or AIDS wasting."

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor