[Vision2020] Medical Cannabis: National Academy of Sciences

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Thu Jun 16 14:32:02 PDT 2005

Then why are all these college age potheads at the rallys lighting up?  They
are all sick? (Besides addiction)
If pot is going to be okayed for medicinal use, then it needs the same
treatment as any other prescription. Which means going to a doctor, then the
pharmacist...yadayadayada.......none of this, "I'm growing it for my own
use.......and here is my Dr.'s note." Which many on the "pro" side seems to
have a real problem with.
That, combined with the "wastoid element" that appears at the rallys raises
a red flag for me.
As I stated, I don't care if one imbibes or not, I don't. But I don't want
some stoned 18 year behind the wheel either, thinking its "safer".
Maybe pot helps some people, maybe it doesn't.....But I think a lot of
people see the medicinal use clause as the first step in gaining public
acceptance of the drug which would help get them to the ultimate goal: full
legalization.

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle