[Vision2020] Maybe Phil & Donvan are right about discrimination against Christ Church

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed Jun 15 17:58:15 PDT 2005

Phil, Donovan,

I have been reviewing and thinking about your arguments that my words and actions with regard to Christ Church amount to unwarranted, unjustifiable religious discrimination.

Perhaps you are right.  I am almost convinced.

However, there is a possibility that one and/or the other of you do not really believe what you have been instructing/preaching to us about the subject of religious tolerance/discrimination.  (We have had pretenders before preach on Vision 2020 things which they did not really believe.  I want to make sure you are not just having fun at my/Vision 2020 readers' expense before converting to your view.)

I merely ask for one simple demonstration from you to show your good faith to all of Vision 202 and the entire community, to show your true beliefs, and to show your unflagging/no-exceptions-to-the-rule commitment against religious intolerance.

This easy task involves doing something which both of you have assured us that you have had extensive experience in and a fervent ontological commitment to, namely fighting religious discrimination/intolerance.  Your execution of this easy task may well complete the conversion of my, and I am sure many other similarly minded persons, to your points of view on this matter.

The task is organizing a fight and then actually fighting discrimination against a Christian church in this area which has been treated very shabbily by a large number of people.  This church has been run out of several north Idaho locations.  I know personally that the members of this general congregation who are residents of Latah County are feeling tremendous hostility from others and feel very, very threatened.

The name of the church is Church of Christ Christian.  [Note the similarity in name to Christ Church.]  Your service in pursuing relief for these beleaguered congregants will really help convert myself and others to your view that Christ Church should not be the object of discrimination/intolerance.  Why?  Because on certain crucial matters in the church agenda, both churches are very similar to each other:

The religious, social, and political doctrines/agendas of both churches are firmly based on the teachings and actual words of the Bible.  Both churches quote scripture copiously to support their programs/agendas.

Both churches ignore the almost unanimous agreement of trained historians; both rely upon small snippets of mostly anomalous, stretched, or imagined truths especially isolated scriptural wedges; both are led by charismatic, manipulative, egocentric, narcissistic men; both define racism/anti-Semitism differently and much narrowly than what is generally meant by the terms; both are pro-slavery, theocratic, and white male supremacists; both repudiate the use of logic when it threatens their belief structure; and the members of both churches claim to be intellectually, spiritually, and morally superior to the rest of us.

Both churches have doctrines whose practical effects are the same when addressing homosexuals and Jews:

Both consider unconverted Jews to be heretics.  In both churches, heretics are to be executed as clearly commanded by God.  In theory and recommended practice, both churches then are anti-Semitic among other things.  However, the Church of Christ Christian is quite overt on this matter.  For Christ Church, this doctrine is cleverly and stealthfully hidden:  one must make the correct inferences from theological dicta*.  (See the actual dicta below [comments added].)

Both churches consider homosexuals to be abominations mandated for execution (or least exile) as clearly commanded by God.  Both believe murderers, kidnappers, and those practicing bestiality are to be executed as clearly commanded by God.

However, Church of Christ Christian is less Draconian in its agenda than Christ Church in two ways:

[1]   Church of Christ Christian does not consider the following groups mandated for execution while Christ Church does:

       Children who curse their parents,

       Adulterers, and

       Sorcerers.

[2]   Christ Church demands that the above discussed executions be by stoning as clearly commanded by God.  Church of Christ Christian is much more flexible about which methods of execution can be used.

Hence Phil and Donovan, in terms of religious agendas and your clearly and forcefully expressed views on tolerance:

Since Church of Christ Christian is less Draconian in the long run than Christ Church, and since Christ Church is not to be discriminated against, then neither should be the Church of Christ Christian.

I do not like to admit that I am wrong.  But I will freely and publicly do that once I see the tremendous effort and the success of that effort both you Phil and you Donovan will put forth in clear accordance with your grandly avowed views on religious tolerance to stop discrimination against the Church of Christ Christian.

I will really convert to your views once I see Christ Church, who is now crying "Discrimination!" themselves, vigorously join the cry and action for nondiscrimination against and tolerance for the beliefs and desired practices Church of Christ Christian.

Lets us know Phil and Donovan, when your visible actions are to start and what shape they will take.  Others will certainly want to join under your courageous leadership.

Oh, did I mention?  The Church of Christ Christian is also known as The Aryan Nations.

*     During the next few weeks it is likely that an event will occur that will make the covert anti-Semitism of Christ Church a little more visible.

PS to Phil and Donovan: After you have shown and vigorously promoted tolerance for the Church of Christ Christian and its beliefs/agenda, perhaps you can do the same for the Fundamentalist Mormons (suggestion:  Google "Bountiful, British Columbia").

>From Credenda/Agenda by Gregory Dickison [Comments added]:

http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol3/magi3-9.htm

"The civil magistrate is the minister of God to execute wrath on the wrongdoer (Rom. 13:4). God has not left his civil minister without guidance on how to exercise his office. The Scriptures set forth clear standards of judgment for many offenses. Capital crimes, for example, include premeditated killing (murder), kidnapping, sorcery, bestiality, adultery, homosexuality, and cursing one's parents..."

"In contemporary American jurisprudence, none of these offenses is punishable by death, with the occasional exception of murder. The magistrates have dispensed with God's standards of justice. Some Christians believe this is an improvement. They would be horrified to think that the "harsh" penalties of the law should still be applied. Sometimes this is the result of the mistaken belief that the Old Testament has no further application after the advent of Christ. This is an exegetical problem. Too often, it is the result of a sinful view of the criminal. This sin is called pity."

"If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and serve other gods,". . . you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; but you shall surely kill him..."  [Heresy: Beware, ye not of the cult (including unconverted Jews)!]

"If two men fight together, and the wife of one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of the one attacking him, and puts out the hand and seizes him by the genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall not pity her..."

God commands the judge to evaluate the crime rather than the criminal. If the crime is one for which God requires death, then death must be the punishment. Your eye shall not pity. Neither is the repentance of the accused relevant to the imposition of the sentence.

"Thus, the Bible teaches that pity is not an option where God has decided the matter. The [civil] magistrate, God's minister, is to faithfully execute justice according to God's standard, not man's...  This means that we must return to an obedience which confines pity within the bounds which God has established for us."

Let's see:

Murder (by even a child), kidnapping, sorcery, bestiality, adultery, homosexuality, cursing one's parents, heresy, etc. are to be punished by death (by stoning) according to Gregor and by the extension of the Cult Master's statements, all of the Christ Church Cult.