[Vision2020] Wine vs Grape Juice

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:29:35 PDT 2005

Doug says:

"Jesus, on the other hand, rebuked His disciples when they were fussing
about in a similar self-important kind of way. The Lord said that the little
children were to be permitted to come to Him. When we worship God, our kids
come too. When we sing, our children sing too. When we say the Apostles
Creed, the kids say it too. When we take communion, as we do every week, our
children worship with us. I would like to invite all secularists who are
watching these events unfold -- behold your tolerance."

Boy, is this taking things to ninth degree...Jesus was NOT speaking about
taking communion in reference to the children being allowed to come to Him -
He was telling the disciples not to keep the children from being allowed to
see Him.

MOST christian churches do NOT allow small children (I am talking about
children who are one, two, three, up to 11 years old) to take communion.  It
is supposed to be taken as a RECOGNITION by the taker that Jesus sacrificed
His life for our sins.  A small child is NOT able to understand this concept
much less agree to it.

There are also a great many churches that do NOT allow the taking of
communion to include the use of wine - they use grape juice, which is also a
"fruit of the vine."  CC has been "fazing out" the use of grape juice for
two years now as Doug considers it to be sin to use grape juice and not wine
- "Jesus drank wine and it is a sin for us to do otherwise.

BTW - the children do NOT sing when the grown-ups do - what child under six
do you know that can read, much less sing, the Psalms?

J  ;)