[Vision2020] You Don't Mess With Moscow Rose

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 9 06:52:20 PDT 2005

Sung to the Tune "You Don't Mess With Jim" by Jim Corce

You Don't Mess With Moscow Rose

Uptown got it's hustlers
The campus has got its bums
And Anselm House has Pastor Doug
He's a bull shittin' son of a gun
Ya, he's big and dumb as a man can come
And an egotistical sociopath
And when Anselm House gets together at night
You know they all call His Whineyness boss, just because, and they say

{Refrain}
You don't expose NSA's faculty
You don't drink from His Whineyness' jug
You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess with Pastor Doug, da do da do...

Well out of eastern Moscow come a Quaker girl
She said, "I'm looking for a pastor named Doug
I am a straight talkin' lady, my name is Ms. Huskey
But down home they call me Moscow Rose
And I'm looking for the idol of Anselm House
He's driving a drop top Cadillac
Last year he took our city, and I may sound like a pity
But I've come to get my city back," and everybody said, Rose, don't you know

{Refrain}

Well a hush fell over the court room
When Rose she come boppin' off the street
And when the hearing was done
The only part that wasn't shakin' was the soles of the big man's feet
And he plagiarized in hundred places
And he lied in a couple more
And you better believe they sung a different kind of story
When His Whineyness hit the door

{As refrain}
You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't lie about what the city knows
You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess with Moscow Rose, da, do, da, do...
{Repeat}

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Just addin' some music to the already glorious day.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"