[Vision2020] W. Mark Felt, hero or heel?

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Fri Jun 3 12:51:04 PDT 2005

Mark Felt was probably nether a heel or a hero. I think he would come closer to being a hero though. From what i've read I would not say the same for his daughter. There is a world of difference between the breakins he authorized and the Watergate burglery. His were is pursuit of known criminals. The watergate burglery was for political reasons only. G. Gordan Liddy says he should have taken his evidence to a Grand Jury. Under the circumstances that was probably not practical. The mentality of it being dishonorable to "rat on any one" is a Mafia mentality. Sometimes there is no other way to expose corruption other than going to the papers. There are dishonorable Whistleblowers who reveal only petty things intended to embarrass some one. But by and large Whistle Blowers are close to saints.  Whistle blowers risk a lot and usually go thew hell for bringing corruption to light. For the sake of integrity this is the only honorable thing to do.