[Vision2020] George H. W. Bush on Larry King

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 2 16:49:49 PDT 2005

Did anyone catch Larry King's interview with George H. W. Bush?  It seems to have been an interesting chat, if only for what it revealed about Bush father-son dynamics.  (I didn't watch it; I read a transcript)  Here's a piece of what Bush Senior, AKA Poppy, said:

"He's elected. I'm just sitting by here, sitting, you know, as a bystander these days. And the reason is, I don't want to say anything, do anything, publicly sign anything, op-ed anything that has one nuance of difference between myself and the president, because that would be the story. Rush down, the nutty father says this. Or look what the stupid son did. I mean, we don't need to get into that."

So, George the Elder believes that he's perceived in the public eye as "nutty," but the first word that comes to his mind about George, Jr. is "stupid."  Fascinating.  I wonder who carves the turkey at Thanksgiving?  My money is on Barbara, with Jeb and Laura duking it out over whether or not to put chestnuts in the stuffing.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com