[Vision2020] Domenstic Benefits?

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 2 06:31:49 PDT 2005

Tom

Do you read anything that is written in postings or simply respond from the
viscera?

If you had read the complete post, you would have found that I pretty
catergorically stated;

"As long as we as a society chose to favor couples with tax breaks and
benefits, I do not see how all types of relationship are not granted special
privileges equally."

I state that because I think that the Constitution does require that we
treat all people equally.

The discussion underway, I read here, regarded the city granting full and
equal rights which would include domestic partner benefits.  I was asking,
Tom, rather than the arguement that you have been getting from the Xtains,
if anybody should be getting a benfit simply because they are married.  It
seems to me that singles are singled out and asked to provide "equal" rights
to what ever couples want to get extra health care, extra retirement and
other goodies, that the singles in this world are not given.

As for the reference to Biblical authority, are you assuming that I am some
sort of a Christian?  I doubt you were refering to Rabbinical Court records,
since they view things very differently and do not apply to any of you
goyim.  My religion does not require that all people follow it or burn in
hell, so we have been only too happy to have a government which leaves
people of faith alone by being as secular as possible.

Phil NISBET

In all caps so maybe you can figure out its not spelled Nesbitt.