[Vision2020] Christian Reconstructionism - Part 2

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Wed Jun 1 12:10:24 PDT 2005

Donovan and Visionaries:
The original article text, and my comments, are in black.  The  kirk position
is in red.

 "Death by stoning for atheists, adulterers, and practicing male
homosexuals..... Stoning - or possibly burning at the stake - for atheists,  heretics,
religious apostates, followers of other religions who proselytize,  unmarried
females who are unchaste, incorrigible juvenile delinquents, and  children who
curse or strike their parents. "
"The civil magistrate is the minister of God to  execute wrath on the
wrongdoer (Rom. 13:4). God has not left his civil minister  without guidance on how
to exercise his office. The Scriptures set forth clear  standards of judgment
for many offenses. Capital crimes, for example, include  premeditated killing
(murder), kidnapping, sorcery, bestiality, adultery,  homosexuality, and
cursing one's parents (Ex. 21:14; 21:16; ...We must respond  to the wrongdoer
biblically in both judgment and grace. This means that we must return to an
obedience which confines pity within the bounds which God has established for  us. "
written by Greg Dickison, Attorney for Christ  Church, and Latah County
Public Defender (your tax dollars at work),  writing in  Credenda Agenda, Vol.3
Number 9 _http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol3/magi3-9.htm_
(http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol3/magi3-9.htm)
"Welcome to the United States of America as Christian Reconstructionists hope
 to run it. Not as a democracy, which they see as secular heresy. But as a
reconstructed Christian nation, complete with biblically sanctioned flogging
and  slavery."
See Southern Slavery As It Was
"The Bible rules, OK? And, in its name, a small elect of true believers are
now seeking capital-D Dominion over every aspects of our government, laws,
education, and personal lives. "
Christians have an  obligation, a mandate, a commission, a holy
responsibility to reclaim the land  for Jesus Christ - to have dominion in the civil
structures, just as in every  other aspect of life and godliness.
But it is  dominion that we are after. Not just a voice.
It  is dominion we are afier. Not just influence.
It  is dominion we are after. Not just equal time.
It  is dominion we are after.
World conquest. That's  what Christ has commissioned us to accomplish. We
must win the world with the  power of the Gospel. And we must never settle for
anything less. If Jesus Christ is indeed Lord, as the Bible says, and if our
commission is to bring the land into subjection to His Lordship, as the Bible
says, then all our activities, all our witnessing, all our preaching, all our
craftsmanship, all our stewardship, and all our political action will aim at
nothing short of that sacred purpose. Thus, Christian  politics has as its
primary intent the conquest of the land - of men, families,  institutions,
bureaucracies, courts, and governments for the  Kingdom of  Christ. It is to
reinstitute the  authority of God's Word as supreme over all judgments, over all
legislation,  over all declarations, constitutions, and confederations. True
Christian  political action seeks to rein the passions of men and curb the pattern
of  digression under God's rule.
George Grant, The  Changing of the Guard (Ft. Worth, TX: Dominion Press,
1987), pp.  50-51. _http://www.serve.com/thibodep/cr/worldcnq.htm_
(http://www.serve.com/thibodep/cr/worldcnq.htm)
You  remember George, don't you Donovan?.  He spoke at Doug's non-history
conference last year.  He is also joined at the hip with Doug and several
others in the "Auburn Avenue" theological controversy.  (Auburn Avenue is  the name
of Steve "I'm just sloppy in my citations" Wilkins' church.)  If  you believe
that Doug doesn't agree with Grant's point of view, ask him for a  direct,
line by line refutation.  He will either do his usual side step  slide and
refocus the question, or he will refuse to answer it.  Grant's  followers bring
dollars to Canon Press, and Doug won't be willing to take a hit  to the pocket
book.
"He [Rushdooney] similarly opposed the secular bent of American public
schools, becoming an early proponent of Christian home-schooling, which he
defended as a First Amendment right of their parents. "
I think that it is  fair to say that you are aware of Wilson's stand on
public education,  Donovan.  If you have any doubts please consult "Excused
Absence" Doug  Wilson, [Crux Press]. _http://www.canonpress.org/pages/education.asp_
(http://www.canonpress.org/pages/education.asp)
The  following blurp by a leading evangelical pastor describes its content.
"This new book from Crux Press asks and answers the question:  should
Christian parents send their kids to public schools as “salt and light”  or should
they take their kids out of public schools to form distinctively  Christian
schools or home schools dedicated to holding forth Christ as Lord of  all? With
all the gentility and tact of a desert prophet, Doug Wilson explains  why
Christian parents must say to their educational taskmasters, “Let our  children go.”
 This book will convict, and I pray stop, countless parents from  rendering
to Caesar the things that are God’s—their children.”
"Rushdoony opposed labor unions, women's equality, and civil rights laws. He
favored racial segregation and slavery, which he felt had benefited black
people  because it introduced them to Christianity. "
We already know the response to this, don't we?  And, once more for the
record, I don't care what Doug believes and teaches as long as it does not
collide with the separation of church and state.  But, it does.  Doug  and his
allies have claimed the world, which includes local, state, and city  government.
Despite disclaimers against a political agenda, how else can  Doug, shape the
culture in a way that it is more agreeable to him?
Rose
"One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan