[Vision2020] Children involvement

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 11:52:41 PDT 2005

Doug says in his blog regarding children being involved in the communion
service:

"When was the last time you heard about outsiders caring what was done
inside a worship service like this? The whole affair should be greatly
encouraging. God has prepared a table for us in the presence of our enemies,
and as we sit down to eat and drink, we may know by faith that God is moving
in our community in wonderful ways.

We have assumed the center, and we now see our adversaries beginning to
recognize that it is what is being done in faithful Christian worship that
will determine the future of our town, our state, our nation, and our world.
It is here we are formidable—and nowhere else."

This brings many things to mind:

The table is not to be prepared for YOU, but for GOD.  Your statement of "We
have assumed the center..." is very telling - YOU have assumed the center -
it has not been given to you by Him.

When Jesus was faced with arrest by the government of the time, the last
thing he did was resist.  In fact when a soldier's ear was taken off by one
of Jesus' followers, it was Jesus who admonished the follower and healed the
soldier.  You resisting moving your service out of a government supported
building into a proper church setting is telling of YOUR character.  You
have "doug" your heels in and are refusing to see just how wrong you are
being against God.

When Jesus was in fact put in front of the head of the different factors of
government, He never resisted or protested His innocence - he said simply
"IF I have done wrong, then you must do to me what you feel you must."  In
other words, IF He had broken any of their legal rules, He should rightfully
be punished and He would accept that punishment without fuss or protest.
You, on the other hand, do whatever whenever you can to cry "poor me" or
"foul!" when called to task.

Jesus NEVER held services or the last supper in a public place or in front
of a public forum or even advertised that He was going to do what He did at
that meal.  Yes, He does say we should follow His example in remembrance of
Him - which means not in defiance of the public place or people, but to
Glorify Him/God and do so privately - as HE did.

Children were NOT at the last supper!  They were brought to Jesus in a
public places, seated on His lap and told stories by Him in PUBLIC, but
there were never "displayed" at a communion service.  Fact is, the Bible
never speaks of children being involved in the worship service throughout
the entire text.  "Suffer the little children unto me" does NOT mean "allow
them to take part in a public display of worship to prove a point."

Daniel is another example, which leads to Christ, where we are told to pray
in private and not make a spectacle of ourselves for our benefit.  While we
are not to take to hiding our faith, we are not to place it forcefully in
the face of others so as to cause a rift between them and God and them and
ourselves or become a stumbling block to them in their faith and worship of
GOD.  Which is exactly what you are doing when you refuse to recognize just
how wrong your actions and reactions are to points presented to you
regarding "the church" and your followers.  Your followers have long ago
ceased to be followers of God - they are YOUR followers and are doing what
YOU say they will do.

What YOU are doing is by no means a determining factor for this town, state,
nation or world.  It is a determinate issue for your followers only.  To the
best of my knowledge, YOU are not the be-all and end-all that will change
anything beyond the reach of your hand.

Jesus and others of GOD's church leaders from the beginning were never,
never held up for a "look-see" as you, Doug, are now doing with your
children and more so with yourself.  The important thing with you is not God
anymore, it is what YOU can do to prove YOU are right and "righteous".  The
Bible has always said "Righteousness is His."  I don't see DOUG anywhere in
that sentence, though I am sure you do.

J  ;)