[Vision2020] Illegal underage alcohol, anyone?

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:00:18 PDT 2005

Ted

You are coming on like Ms Nation's at a temperence party.  Please, put the
hatchet down.

Sips of wine are not binge drinking.

Europe has less of a problem than we do with wine and beer and other alcohol
related problems.  They have less of a problem because they do not deal with
it as we do.  The culture teaches children to deal with drink from an early
age with things like a small amount of beer or wine in soda water to form a
spritizer.

We bar kids from trying or having any liqour.  As a consequence its a
substance that having been denied by authority, kids tend to binge on when
they can snag some.  Those same kids then get free of mom and dad and head
off to the nearest kegger where the try to drink the whole thing.  Thats
because we have made booze a right of passage.

If it did not have that right of passage standard, it would not be treated
as it is in our society.  If it does not prove your adulthood, why get bent
beyond recognition every other night?

As for drugs, are you preaching toleration or total removal of all mind
altering substances?  Is this an arguement against booze or one for other
controled materials?

Phil Nisbet