[Vision2020] Lois Blackburn's Letter

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Jul 13 14:57:51 PDT 2005

Tom is right, as he usually is -- Lois didn't suggest that parts of the
trinitarian shenanigans of the Fest were likely to involve the murder of
gays, and I bet Phil knows that.  I also bet that Phil dislikes Lois and the
MCA and Intoleristas enough to suspend rational review of their writings,
discussions, and behaviors to instead weave a tale much more incendiary.

And yes, I have also engaged, and continue to engage, with many from the
Kirk.  Before I ever publicly denounced Doug Wilson, I wrote to him
privately, asking for a meeting.  We had one, during which I found him
polite, charming, and utterly disingenuous about the source and consequence
of his teachings.  I'll continue to confront him and others who act as he
does, just as I'll continue to wish them well personally and enjoy the
occasional caffeine-fueled theological debate that happens.  IN this case,
though, I don't see how wishing them well can succeed apart from humility
and grace on my part and repentance, reformation, and reconciliation on
theirs -- just like I've left some bad behavior behind through adopting the
three Rs for myself, encouraged by the humility and grace of others.

I believe you owe Lois an apology, but I won't hold my breath.

keely emerine mix