[Vision2020] RE: The Key to Helping Downtown Moscow Thrive

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:10:36 PDT 2005

How do you expect people to be enthused with your view of the downtown when
more and more businesses are being allowed to move in and go tax exempt or
LLC?  What monies are generated from people not paying their share of the
taxes?

While it is true that the BOE sets the county property taxes, it is the City
Council and City officials allowing these businesses to not only go there
but stay there even when "discovered".

And I still question a Community Development Department head that can't seem
to get his head out of the sand (or bag of pork rinds) long enough to get to
know the businesses moving in or that is allowing them to stay even when it
is pointed out to him that it is illegal.  Why is he allowed to continue to
be employed if he is not capable of doing his job?

This attitude of the city running on a "complaint oriented" system is for
the birds.  It doesn't seem to work very well anyway.  Even when complaints
are filed, Mr. Plaskon finds some kind of way to weasel out of the situation
and the illegal businesses are allowed to stay...in fact, are encouraged by
him to stay.

Seems to me we could save a great deal of money by firing the person/people
that can't seem to live up to their job descriptions and putting
someone(bodies) in there who are willing to do the job correctly.

J  ;)