[Vision2020] Blast in London

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:49:04 PDT 2005

Greetings:

I just thought I would share my sisters first hand experience with the
blasts in London early today.

My sister is living in Germany with her husband, both UI Graduates, on an
Army base in Frankfurt.  Since arriving in Germany they have had numerous
opportunity to travel and see all of Europe.  They were in Amsterdam for the
fourth and then her and her friend Michelle, also a UI grad, continued to
London.  This morning, 3:00 a.m. or so, she called my parents shortly after
the explosion hit the train that she was about to board.  She was looking
down the track waiting for the train when all of the sudden a loud explosion
was heard and the train lifted off the track and derailed.

The next thing that happened was total chaos as Police were running toward
the explosion and travels were scrambling to get away.  They made it to the
surface away from the station and then continued to a Pub for a beer or
three.

I was only able to talk to her for a couple of minutes before her cell phone
cut out but she is doing well and is uninjured.  Everyone that was waiting
on the platform was able to get away without hard.  She was not sure how
many people were either injured or had died on the train she was waiting
for.

Lets keep the people of London in our thoughts and hope that all travelers
and citizens of the various countries make it home safe and unharmed.

Tim Rigsby

Revolution is not a word but an application; it is not war but peace; it
does not weaken, but strengthens.  Revolution does not cause seperation; it
generates togetherness.
           -John Africa, _Strategic_Revolution_