[Vision2020] Troy Day schedule and information

tsaylor at tds.net tsaylor at tds.net
Thu Jul 7 13:31:04 PDT 2005

Troy Old Timers’ Day to honor America and veterans

TROY, IDAHO: July 7, 2005: Troy Old Timers’ Day, also known as Troy Day, will be held Saturday July 16, 2005 in Troy, Idaho. Old Timers’ Day is Troy’s annual community celebration, featuring a parade and all-day activities in the city park. Full details and activity schedules are available at www.troylionsclub.org.

This year’s theme for Troy Day is “Proud to be an American”. The celebration will honor our veterans of military service, and remember our troops who are serving our country far from their homes.

John Blom, former two-term mayor of Troy, and a retired army colonel who served in Vietnam as a chaplain, will be the grand marshal for the parade.

Troy Day starts with a pancake and sausage breakfast in the park at 6:00 am. Other planned events include a 5K fun run, show and shine, dutch oven cookoff, parade, buffalo burger lunch, continuous live music, kid’s games and activities, petting zoo, and a horseshoe tournament.

New Troy Day features include free high-speed wireless Internet access, downtown and in the park, using the Troy Lions Club Hot Zone.

A special geocache activity is planned to highlight Troy’s rich history and to provide fun for the whole family. Read more about geocaching at www.geocaching.com.

Parade commentary and announcements will be broadcast locally on FM 100.7. The live music will also be broadcast locally in the park on FM 100.7.

Troy Old Timers’ Day is organized by the Troy Lions Club and Troy Chamber of Commerce.

 ####

Contact:            Tom Saylor
Email:               troylions at tds.net