[Vision2020] Varying Visions

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:35:24 PDT 2005

For Pete Sake

Mark was not trying to cr-p on the ideas or the visions of any person
posting to this board, he was simply stating that he has had a hard time
moving ideas through this community.

Take a walk downtown, for those who insist that all is well in Mudville.
Shops are not exactly vibrant or Garts, the bridal shop, the old silver shop
and a bunch of other businesses would not have closed down and moved
elsewhere.

Chris Storhok, an Idaho native who wiorked for the University for years and
then further years as the Rural Economic Development Coordinator for the
County, was a member fo the Democratic Central Committee of Latah County and
is maried to a local girl, is not some far right wing whacko.  He left
because its darn tough to raise a family here and stay.

Carl says he is staying, but he spent some years outside of Moscow in areas
to go for a career that allowed him to move back here.

Mark is a good guy and so is his wife and they were a community asset and
hopefully they will be again.

And congrats to Joan and Melynda and Dan, its wonderful that they have been
able to find enough paying work that they can stay here in place.

But this is not Lorne Doone and we can not remain frozen in time here in
Moscow, stagnant and unmindful of the rest of the world.

Community is about getting with other people of varying visions of the
future and seeing that the esential components of what we want for that
future are built into the enevitable changes that the rest of the world has
in store for us.  The fewer the visiions, the poorer we are as a community,
not the richer.  We need people like the Chris's and Mark's and I for one
hope that they can find ways to return, just as Carl and others have.

Phil Nisbet